What is Satellite?
Satellite is an order management tool for all orders received on the UrbanPiper platform, be it Swiggy, Zomato, UberEats, Website, etc. The satellite has 3 major functions:
- To place an order
- To manage a placed order
- To control inventory
The Satellite has support for either store access( allows you to track orders or manage inventory for a single store) or HQ access( allows you to track orders and manage inventory for all stores).
This is usually used in businesses that take phone orders.
In this case, the phone operator can add in customer details such as phone number, delivery address and place the order for the customer over a call. Below are the steps to be followed to place an order through satellite:
- Once logged in to satellite, you can enter the customer's phone number, choose either delivery or pickup, enter the address(in case of delivery) or just choose the store and start the order.
You can add items, along with options, select quantities and click on the cart to move to the next step. You can then add in customer details, choose payment mode as Cash on delivery, add special instructions and place the order.
You can track the progress of all your orders using satellite. Orders from all platforms enabled for your business can be viewed and tracked here. You can figure out the origin of the order from the logo of the platform next to the order id. Below are the steps an order goes through and how you can update the status of the order:
- Once an order is placed by a customer, the order lands in satellite in the placed state. You can view the order id, the platform from where it was ordered, the time of order, the time of delivery, the outlet at which it was ordered, time left for delivery, customer details(hidden in case of swiggy), and the state of the order.
- Clicking on the order id, shows a pop with information on the customer details, order details, order summary and status logs.
- You can then update the status of the order by clicking on set status, and first acknowledging the order.
- Once the order is acknowledged, the order moves to the In progress. Once the order is prepared and ready for delivery, you can update the status of the order to dispatched.
- The status of the order can be updated to Completed once the order has been delivered to the customer.
Apart from being able to take and track orders, satellite can also be used to stock in/stock out an item.
- Once logged in, open inventory, here you have a list of items. You can filter by store or category. Once filtered, you can simply use the toggle to stock out or stock in an item.
- By enabling the perform action across all stores flag, the stock update for an item will be applied across all stores.
- Note: The column Urbanpiper implies stock update for Urbanpiper apps(includes ios and android) and website. The rest of the columns imply stock update for the respective aggregator platforms.
There are a number of settings that can be customised in satellite.
- Notification Settings: You can toggle on or off notification sound for new orders or future orders.
- Subscribe to Stores: In case you have HQ access, by default you will receive orders from all stores. If you want to want to filter out orders for a particular store, you can subscribe to that particular store.
- Store settings: Assume, the outlet is having a large volume of orders at the same time or for some reason the outlet will not be able to take any new orders, you can close the store by turning off the toggle for the respective aggregator. This will turn off the stores on the aggregator platform and no orders can be placed till the store is re-enabled.
- Print Settings: By default when you print an order from the order details page, the bill print will contain customer details, order summary and order details.
- When you enable Print Order Slip, the bill print will contain order details without item price.
- When you enable Print KOT, the bill print will contain kitchen KOT along with the default bill print.