If a category in the menu is available only for a brief period of time, it can be done by configuring a Category timing group.
By defining Timing Groups to categories, you can restrict the category to be available at a particular time only.
This article highlights the steps to go about adding these timing groups to categories.
STEP 1: CONFIGURING A TIMING GROUP
- Go to Configuration --> Business
- Enable Support for Category schedules for the desired Aggregator.
- Go to Configuration-->Groups-->Timings.
- Click on Add Timing Group to add a new timing group.
- Add the required Title and Description.
- There are two forms in which a timing group can exist:
- Slot timings
- Continuous timings
Slot Timings: This allows you to define different time slots in a day.
Example: The above timing slots allow the category to be displayed from 10 am to 3 pm and again from 6 pm to 9 pm on Mondays.
Similarly, different slots can be displayed for each day of the week.
- Continuous timing: This is defined when a category has to be displayed continuously between a certain time period.
Example: The above timing group allows the category to be displayed from 8 am to 10 pm on Monday, from 12 pm to 6 pm on Wednesday and so on.
- Click on SAVE.
STEP 2: ASSOCIATING THE TIMING GROUP TO A CATEGORY
- Go to Configuration --> Ordering--> Categories
- Select the Category.
Select the required timing group by selecting the title of the timing group which are created.
Once the category timing group has been configured. The changes has to be synced on external platform.
The below link explains how to sync the changes to external platforms.