Prime is a PWA (Progress Web App). This means Prime can be launched from the desktop without opening the browser. There are a few benefits to this:
- Without the browser window, the app has a more native feel to it
- It’s easier for operators to launch the app from a desktop icon rather than visiting a URL
- PWA does not have the same sound restrictions as a browser. Browsers restrict playing sound if the tab has been idle for a long time. PWA does not have this restriction.
How to install Prime as a PWA:
- Clicking the install button in the browser URL bar
- Clicking “Install Satellite Prime” button in the overflow menu.
Once installed Prime will be visible as a desktop application and can be launched directly from the desktop icon.
It’ll be launched in it’s own window and not the browser.