API Document Reference — Yet to release
- What is the purpose of the API?
- This API is used to create slot-based timing groups for the created categories using Managing Catalogue API.
- Why this API is being used?
- This API is used for the brands who wish to show certain categories of the menu only in a specific time slot for the day.
ex: Showing 'Snack and Dessert' category only between 4 PM to 7 PM.
- Can I configure the different timing groups for a category for different stores?
- No. The category timing groups are configured at the master level and not at the store level.
- Can the "start_time" and "end_time" be of any value?
- Timing Groups associated with Categories will need to have timings ending ("end_time") with XX:00 or XX:30.
- Can the timing groups be configured for the parent category and sub-category?
- Yes. The timing group can be configured for parent categories and sub-categories.
- Swiggy — the timing group can be associated with parent category and subcategories also. The sub-categories will by default have the same timing as the parent category unless a specific timing is configured to it.
- Zomato does not have support for timing groups at a sub-category level.
- Can the category timing groups be updated?
- The API does allow only a Create action. Hence, when you change the timing groups for the same set of "category_ref_ids", UrbanPiper system will create a new timing group and associate it to the sent categories.
- Which all platform supports Category Timing Groups?
- OMS — web, app_android, app_ios, satellite order taker
- What is the process to enable the Category Timing Groups for the brand?
- In Quint Dashboard, there is a flag to enable the Category Timing Groups for the brand.
You can enable it by navigating to Configuration →Business → Swiggy/Zomato → Support for Category Schedules. Or, reach out to your Account Managers.